Buying Your Dream Home
Deciding to Buy
Every individual or family has their own reasons to make the decision to buy a new or different home.
- A first-time homebuyer?
- Upgrading to a larger home?
- Downsizing to a smaller home?
- Experiencing lifestyle changes?
There are several questions to answer in addition to identifying the basic criteria like square footage, number of bedrooms, baths, garage stalls, and property size. Depending on your circumstance, ask yourself these questions (and answer them honestly!):
- Where do I want to live? (Are there specific towns or areas?)
- What pace of life and kind of lifestyle do I want? (a small town, larger urban area, a suburb, or rural area)
- Are schools and community amenities important to me? Which ones?
- What kind of accessibility to shopping, services, and entertainment do I want?
- What kind of timeframe do I have for purchasing a home?
Understanding what is important to you and what you want in a home, with the guidance of a good real estate agent, will help you avoid impulse buying or settling for less than what you really want.
Let's Get Lunch!