Selling Your House
Selecting a Real Estate Agent & Price
Selecting a good real estate agent is the most valuable decision when selling your home. Making the right selection is the foundation of getting the outcome you desire. When you are comfortable and have confidence in the expertise and experience of an agent, the anxiety level inherent to selling property is reduced. Interview and evaluate candidates based on the following criteria.
The best agent for selling your home:
- Listens carefully to what you need and expect.
- Has extensive experience in the type of property you are selling – residential or commercial, farms, or land and vacant lots.
- Can explain the attributes and limitations of the property based on location, style, condition, and more.
- Determines the best sales price based on market understanding and comparable properties in the area.
- Guides you in adjusting the sales price for a sale in line with your timeframe.
- Can prepare a compelling listing and get pictures highlighting features.
7. Has community connections with other agents representing buyers and resources for inspectors and home repairs.
8. Confidently negotiates contracts to get the best price and terms possible.
9. Is a full-time agent that will be readily available for showings, negotiations, offers, and following up on the details of the contract and transaction.
10. Is a good match that makes you feel comfortable and represents you professionally.
11. Will advertise your home in the marketplace.
Let's Get Lunch!